We've set up this page to share news with you about Pfizer. We want to get your thoughts on our updates, but below are reasons why we might need to remove your comment from our social media pages and posts.
In these Pfizer Community Guidelines, Pfizer means Pfizer Healthcare Ireland, registered at 9 Riverwalk, National Digital Park, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24. These Pfizer Community Guidelines shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland and any disputes arising therefrom subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
Pfizer Ireland Instagram Page Community Guidelines
The data contained in this Pfizer social media channel are informational and should not be viewed as professional or medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Reliance on any information provided herein is solely at your own risk.
Pfizer endorses only its own content: Pfizer does not represent or endorse users’ comments on its timeline and is not responsible for such posts. In particular, users will remain solely responsible for the content they post and will hold Pfizer harmless from any consequence and prejudice that may arise against Pfizer or other users in respect of user posted content that is in breach of our community guidelines and/or terms of service of the owner of the social media platform.
1. What we expect from our users: general guidelines
The Pfizer Community Guidelines have been created to ensure compliance with the regulations of our industry and our own standards. Here are a few things you should comply with when posting on one of our channels:
- Do not post references to a product –ours or someone else’s. While we do not endorse any users’ comments other than our own, we still have to be mindful of the important regulations that govern our industry, and the need to provide balanced and non-promotional information about a product to the public in a consistent and regulated manner. If your post references to a product / brand from any company – positive or negative – we will need to remove it, since we can’t guarantee that it will comply with these regulations.
- Do not post references to a possible side effect. If your post includes possible side effect associated with a Pfizer product, we may be required to contact you for further information in line with our Privacy Notice. You may contact us to report an adverse event related to Pfizer products by calling 1800 633 363 (Ireland only). You can also email Pfizer to report an adverse event at [email protected] . If you have a medical information inquiry please go to www.PfizerMedicalInformation.ie or email Pfizer at [email protected] or contact Pfizer at 1800 633 363. If you have a product quality complaint or general inquiry please contact Pfizer at Pfizer Healthcare Ireland, 9 Riverwalk, National Digital Park, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24.
- Do not post any medical advice. It is great to want to provide help to your fellow visitors, but given the serious implications unsolicited and unverified medical advice might have, we can’t allow it on our social media channels. As always, we recommend consulting with your physician on any medical condition.
- Do not post any personal information or private information of any person. To protect your privacy, and the privacy of others, please do not include personally identifiable information about yourself or any other person (including celebrities, either living or dead), such as phone numbers, email addresses, photographs, information about health or any disease or other personal information in any comments posted to our social media channels. Pfizer social media accounts are public so please be aware that your posts are non-confidential and will be available for unrestricted viewing.
- Do not post someone’s trade secrets or intellectual property rights without the appropriate level of authorization. We ask that you refrain from posting comments that contain trade secrets or ideas/materials/works protected by third party copyright or other intellectual property rights, such as art, music, videos, photographs, written text, performances, links to other websites or by any trade-marks or logos, models, designs, etc., except with the express consent of the owners of such intellectual property.
- Do not post other contents that might result in a breach of the law. For example any post which contains: predatory conduct towards minors; libel, slander, or defamation of character; threats; text, pictures or images that could be described as obscene, profane, lewd, crude, provocative, pornographic or pedopornographic, or as containing gang signs or symbols, gun imagery, political or religious propaganda, derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious group, depictions of alcohol or drug abuse, or promotion of illegal activity or behaviour of any kind, etc.
- Do not post off-topic comments. Please keep your comments relevant to the post that you're commenting on. Avoid posts that are clearly off topic (including but not limited to unsupported accusations or promotion of third party initiatives, services or products). Avoiding this conduct allows for everyone to have productive discussions.
- Do not send feedback about our products or companies, solicit business, request donations or make a product complaint. This is not the right forum.
- Do not post vulgarity or offensive contents. Vulgar, harassing, abusive language, comment containing profanity or that are deemed inappropriate are not permitted. If you use profane language, your post gets pulled (and it might get screened by Instagram’s profanity filter before being posted in the first place). In addition to vulgar language, we’ll be screening for personal attacks of any kind or offensive terms that target specific ethnic, racial, religious, age or gender orientation groups. We ask that everyone treat each other with respect.
- Do not post contents that might create technical disruptions. Do not post comments that contain spam; software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or any other computer code or files or disabling mechanisms that are designed to disrupt, damage or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, telecommunications equipment or that interferes with the operation of the social media site.
- Do not post contents on minors. You must be an adult to participate. If your post contains the name or likeness of a minor (as defined in your jurisdiction), you must be the parent or legal guardian of that minor and have all legal rights to act on his/her behalf without the other parent or legal guardian or relevant authority, as the case may be.
There is a chance we’ll encounter a situation not outlined above, which will require us to remove your comment. Pfizer reserves the right to delete any posts at its sole discretion even if the situation is not outlined above. Of course, if this does happen and you feel it is unfair, please reach out to us so we can talk about it.
2. Moderation, Monitoring and Reporting
As we work in a regulated industry with a unique legal situation in healthcare, we cannot engage in sensitive topics, or discussion(s) about products (ours or other companies’) or treatment options or reply to posts that are contrary to the guidelines outlined above on social media platform. Where the need arises we will respond to your posts and/or direct messages but we will not reply individually to all messages received.
In furtherance in order to operate in accordance with our industry’s regulations, Pfizer will be actively monitoring the channel to help ensure that users’ posts comply with these Community Guidelines and the applicable legislation. As such, Pfizer, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to remove any post which is deemed to be not compliant with the Community Guidelines and the current applicable legislation and to block/ban any user from the page.
3. Right of Pfizer to use your posts
By posting your content on Pfizer social media channels you acknowledge, that Pfizer shall be entitled to use those posts and any ideas, techniques, works or materials contained in them (and assigns to Pfizer any rights that you might hold on these ideas, techniques, works or materials) for free, in any way and in any Pfizer media, without any time and territorial limit, regarding any exploitation right (including but not limited to their reproduction, making available to the public, distribution, public communication, transformation, extraction and re-use), and for any purpose whatsoever. Accordingly, please do not submit any ideas, techniques or materials that you wish to keep confidential, for which you expect to receive compensation or on which you do not have the appropriate rights to share.
Where personal information is provided, it will be processed in accordance with Pfizer Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice is available to read here.
Please note that we are using 3rd party service providers to help us manage your comments and messages which means that they too would have access to any personal information you share with us.
If you receive Pfizer promotional information through this social media platform is because you are one of our “followers” and/or you have otherwise provided your consent to the owner of the social media platform to receiving other user’s marketing contents.
You may lodge a complaint with a supervisory data protection authority if you disagree with our specific response to a data protection query.
5. Our limited responsibility regarding the posted contents
- The comments (including opinions and statements) and responses that you read on Pfizer channels that are not posted by Pfizer, come from members of the public. Although we are moderating our channels to help compliance with these Community Guidelines, we cannot be and are not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any comments or materials posted by users.
- Pfizer will use reasonable efforts to include accurate information on our accounts but gives no warranties, undertakings or representations of any kind as to its accuracy, currency, quality, completeness or fitness for purpose. Any information provided by Pfizer and/or made available through our social media accounts is provided on an “as is” basis. Pfizer disclaims all warranties, express or implied to the full extent permitted by law. Pfizer shall be not liable for any loss, damage or cost whatsoever, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising from reliance on information posted on our social media accounts. This limitation includes any loss, damage or cost caused by any viruses that infect your computer equipment, software or data.
- Where third party advertising banners and/or links are posted to third party websites maintained by third parties over which Pfizer has no control, Pfizer is not responsible for the content of those. Any banner advertising and/or links to third party websites posted on the Pfizer social media accounts do not amount to any endorsement of that website by Pfizer and any use of that website by you is at your own risk.
Copyright © 2018 Pfizer Healthcare Ireland. All rights reserved.
Prepared on October 2018, PP-PFE-IRL-0136