Last updated: November 2018
This page was created by Pfizer to help spread information and news about Pfizer and is subject to the following Pfizer Community Guidelines.
Adverse Event Reporting Contact Details
You may contact us to report an adverse event related to Pfizer products by calling 1800 633 363 (Ireland only). You can also email Pfizer to report an adverse event at [email protected] If you have a medical information inquiry please go to www.PfizerMedicalInformation.ie or email Pfizer at [email protected] or contact Pfizer at 1800 633 363. If you have a product quality complaint or general inquiry please contact Pfizer at Pfizer Healthcare Ireland, 9 Riverwalk, National Digital Park, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24.
Contact details to send data protection rights requests: [email protected] or write to the following address: Pfizer Healthcare Ireland, 9 Riverwalk, National Digital Park, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 2.
In Pfizer Community Guidelines, Pfizer means Pfizer Healthcare Ireland, registered at 9 Riverwalk, National Digital Park, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24; for more information on how to contact Pfizer click here: https://www.pfizer.ie/contact_us.cfm. Pfizer Community Guidelines shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland and any disputes arising therefrom subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
Pfizer Community Guidelines
The data contained in this Pfizer social media channel are informational and should not be viewed as professional or medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Reliance on any information provided herein is solely at your own risk.
Pfizer endorses only its own content: Pfizer does not represent or endorse users’ comments on its timeline and is not responsible for such posts. In particular USERS WILL REMAIN SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT THEY POST AND WILL HOLD PFIZER HARMLESS FROM ANY CONSEQUENCE AND PREJUDICE THAT MAY ARISE AGAINST PFIZER OR OTHER USERS IN RESPECT OF USER POSTED CONTENT THAT IS IN BREACH OF OUR COMMUNITY GUIDELINES AND/OR TERMS OF SERVICE OF THE OWNER OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM.
- What we expect from our users: general guidelines
The Pfizer Community Guidelines have been created to ensure compliance with the regulations of our industry and our own standards. Here are a few things you should comply with when posting on one of our channels:
- Do not post references to a medicinal product. If your post refers to a product / brand from any company – positively or negatively – we might be required to remove it due to applicable regulations.
- Do not post references to a possible side effect. To report an adverse event or product complaint related to a Pfizer product, use your country contact details found at the top of these community guidelines, or contact your local health authority.
- Do not post any medical advice. If you have any questions about a specific Pfizer medication (bearing the Pfizer logo), please contact your local Pfizer Office or Medical Information. For contact details of Pfizer Medical Information by country, please see the contact details found at the top of these community guidelines. As always, we recommend consulting with your physician on any medical condition.
- Do not post any personal information or private information of you or of any other person. To protect your privacy, and the privacy of others, do not include personally identifiable information about yourself or any other person (including celebrities, either living or dead), such as phone numbers, email addresses, photographs, information about health or any disease or other personal information in any comments posted to our social media channels, including Chat bots. Pfizer social media accounts are public so please be aware that your posts are non-confidential and will be available for unrestricted viewing. Chat bots shall not be accessed by the general public but may be accessed by the social media owner in accordance with its own terms and conditions.
- Do not post trade secrets or intellectual property rights without authorization. Do not post comments that contain trade secrets or ideas/materials/works protected by third party copyright or other intellectual property rights, such as art, music, videos, photographs, written text, performances, links to other websites or by any trade-marks or logos, models, designs, etc., except with the express consent of the owners of such intellectual property.
- Do not post other contents that might result in a breach of the law. Post that contain predatory conduct towards minors; libel, slander, or defamation of character; terrorism; threats; text, pictures or images that could be described as obscene, profane, lewd, crude, provocative, pornographic or pedopornographic, or as containing gang signs or symbols, gun imagery, political or religious propaganda, derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious group, depictions of alcohol or drug abuse, or promotion of illegal activity or behaviour of any kind, are prohibited.
- Do not post off-topic comments. Please keep your comments relevant to the post that you're commenting on. Avoid posts that are clearly off topic (including but not limited to unsupported accusations or promotion of third party initiatives, services or products).
- Do not send feedback about our products or companies, solicit business, or request donations.
- Do not post vulgarity or offensive contents. Vulgar, harassing, abusive language, comment containing profanity or that are deemed inappropriate are not permitted. Posts may be screened for personal attacks of any kind or offensive terms that target specific ethnic, racial, religious, age or gender orientation groups.
- Do not post contents that might create technical disruptions. Do not post comments that contain spam, software viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or any other computer code or files or disabling mechanisms that are designed to disrupt, damage or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, telecommunications equipment or that interferes with the operation of the social media site.
- Do not post contents on minors. If your post contains the name or likeness of a minor (as defined in your jurisdiction), you must be the parent or legal guardian of that minor and have all legal rights to act on his/her behalf without the other parent or legal guardian or relevant authority, as the case may be.
Pfizer reserves the right to delete any posts at its sole discretion even if the situation is not outlined above.
- Moderation, Monitoring and Reporting
Pfizer will actively monitor the channel to help ensure that users’ posts comply with these Community Guidelines and with applicable legislation, including requirements for safety reporting to health authorities. As such, Pfizer, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to remove any post which is deemed to be not compliant with the Community Guidelines and the current applicable legislation and to block/ban any user from the page. Where the need arises, we will respond to your post but we will not reply to all messages received.
Please note that we are using 3rd party service providers to help us manage your comments and messages which means that they too would have access to any personal information you share with us.
- Right of Pfizer to use your posts
By posting your content on Pfizer social media channels you acknowledge, that Pfizer shall be entitled to use those posts and any ideas, techniques, works or materials contained in them (and assigns to Pfizer any rights that you might hold on these ideas, techniques, works or materials) for free, in any way and in any Pfizer media, without any time and territorial limit, regarding any exploitation right (including but not limited to their reproduction, making available to the public, distribution, public communication, transformation, extraction and re-use), and for any purpose whatsoever. Accordingly, please do not submit any ideas, techniques or materials that you wish to keep confidential, for which you expect to receive compensation or on which you do not have the appropriate rights to share.
Public information and Chatbots. Pfizer social media accounts are public: all posts are non-confidential and will be available for unrestricted viewing. When you post in any of our social media channels, you consent to the fact that your name, likeness and social media handle will be visible and associated with your post and that we (and any other users) may re-use your post elsewhere and thus, we (and any other users) may display your name, likeness and handle there as well, for any purpose. The personal information you might post in Pfizer social media accounts (that you do at your sole discretion) shall not be stored (apart from anonymously) by Pfizer but used, as an inherent part of the post, to merely manage Pfizer social media accounts and, if applicable, enforce Pfizer Community Guidelines; to better understand general trends on how Pfizer digital contents are followed, liked or used, in particular, by analysing the statistics provided to us by the social media platform owner (as part of its services to its social media users) explained below; and to comply with our legal duties (such as the report of product safety events). If you use a Chat bot in Pfizer social media accounts, we remind you not to provide information that identifies you or another individual. In the Chat bot, you may be engaged in a conversation with artificial intelligence programmed by Pfizer and which will be accessed and stored by Pfizer to manage the Chat bot and improve the artificial intelligence learning experience. However, the owner of the social media may have also access thereto in accordance with its own terms and conditions.
Safety. If, despite the prohibition of these Community Guidelines, you report an adverse event or product complaint in your posts or in interactions with a Chat bot, personal information about you will be retained (and additional information may be requested from you for safety follow-up purposes) so that the Pfizer organization world-wide (https://selfservehosteu.pfizer.com/legal-entities) -including in other countries different from your home country which may have different personal data standards - can fulfil its safety legal requirements. If you have any data protection query in this respect (e.g., access, rectification, erasure, restriction, portability and objection), use the data protection country contact details found in at the top of these community guidelines. However, you must be aware that some of the general data protection rights could be limited in this case since the data processing purpose is to comply with safety legal duties.
International transfers and safeguards. Pfizer uses centralised technology in its organisation and vendors to host and technically support the technology that enables us to manage the Pfizer social media accounts and chat bots. This centralised technology and vendors may potentially be located in any country from time to time, including in other countries different from your home country which may have different personal data standards. Some non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/adequacy-protection-personal-data-non-eu-countries_en). For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered adequate by the European Commission (such as the US), Pfizer has put in place adequate measures both within its group and with non-EEA or non-Swiss vendors
Alternatively, Pfizer requires substantially equivalent guarantees under EU and Swiss data protection regulations (e.g., BCRs, adequacy decision of the European Commission, data protection codes of conduct or certifications, Privacy Shield certifications). You may obtain further information of these measures by contacting the Pfizer entity indicated at the beginning of the Pfizer Community Guidelines.
Promotional information. If you receive Pfizer promotional information through this social media platform, it is because you are one of our “followers” and/or you have otherwise provided your consent to the owner of the social media platform to receiving other user’s marketing contents. In the latter case, check your marketing choices with the owner of the social media platform to keep your marketing preferences in this social media platform up-to-date at any time. Otherwise, you may have permitted Pfizer, in other interactions with Pfizer (outside this Pfizer social media channel), to contact you through social media platforms to send you Pfizer promotional information. If you wish to revoke the permission granted to Pfizer please unsubscribe by contacting us at the unsubscribe email found at the top of these community guidelines.
EU Pfizer Data Protection Officer. The contact information of our EU data protection officer responsible for your country or region, if applicable, is available at DPO.Pfizer.com.
- Our limited responsibility regarding the posted contents
- The comments (including opinions and statements) and responses that you read on Pfizer channels that are not posted by Pfizer, come from members of the public. Although we are moderating our channels to help compliance with these Community Guidelines, we cannot be and are not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any comments or materials posted by users.
- Pfizer will use reasonable efforts to include accurate information on our accounts but gives no warranties, undertakings or representations of any kind as to its accuracy, currency, quality, completeness or fitness for purpose. Any information provided by Pfizer and/or made available through our social media accounts is provided on an “as is” basis. Pfizer disclaims all warranties, express or implied to the full extent permitted by law. Pfizer shall be not liable for any loss, damage or cost whatsoever, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising from reliance on information posted on our social media accounts. This limitation includes any loss, damage or cost caused by any viruses that infect your computer equipment, software or data.
Any banner advertising and/or links to third party websites posted on the Pfizer social media accounts do not amount to any endorsement of that website by Pfizer and any use of that website by you is at your own risk and under your responsibility, not having Pfizer any control over them and not being responsible for their contents.